Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Retrieval day!

We woke bright an early to get showered and out of the house at a decent time. Our arrival was supposed to be at 7:45... but I wanted to get us there early so we left the house over an HOUR before we needed to be there. The clinic is usually a 25 minute ride so we should have had MORE than enough time. Thank God we left when we did because an accident on the highway had 2 lanes shut down and we sat in traffic for almost 30 minutes before we were able to sneak off an exit and route around the traffic getting us to the clinic at 7:50! Talk about panicking!!! They whisked me in so quickly I wasn’t even able to give Mike a kiss goodbye. 

The nursing staff at Uconn Fertility are amazing! They were all so kind and encouraging and quickly got me through intake before I was suited up and hooked up by the Anesthesiologist. From there they walked me into the OR where I was stirruped up (hello world) and out.

Next thing I remember was waking up.... laughing hysterically while asking Mike if he took photos of his “specimen” for the gram. (Don’t worry, you’re safe. He didn’t) But I did force him to snap some selfies there in recovery with me (and my prepped letter board) with my handy dandy selfie stick . Courtesy of a couple who’s wedding I shot a few years back that had them as favors! it is definitely the dorkiest thing I own!!

After about 20 minutes the nurse came in and gave me our numbers. SEVEN.



I’m not going to lie. I was expecting more.... I was HOPING for more. I thought I had this in the BAG! 

They also told me that normally, they would have been able to give me my maturity results that day however because of the unusually high number of retrievals that day,  I was going to have to wait 24 hours for those... along with my fertilization numbers. And that is where the long week of waiting began...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me